Friday, March 20, 2009

Photography to Me

I love pictures. I always have. Santa brought me a Kodak 110 camera when I was 9. It was purple. Heaven's my parents must have spent a fortune on film and developing. I never did take photography in High School. I took lots of other art classes, but photography did not fit into my schedule. I did earn my photography badge in Girl Scouts though. I still have the pictures from the B&W roll I took and then developed in the HS lab. some of them are really cool. Others? Yea not so much.

I love how a picture can freeze a moment. With a picture I can take that time and hold it forever. One of my favorite pictures is of Mallory and Courtney when they were 4 and 2. Mallory has a mischievous grin and Courtney is leaned forward laughing. I can still hear her giggle when I see it. The gal at Sears wanted to retake the picture because it wasn't a "perfect"shot. To me it was.

From these challenges I personally want to expand my horizons. I want an outlet, to give myself permission to take the time to do something I love. I want to challenge myself to think creatively. I want to learn and practice my craft better.

And I want to make sure I don't miss out on a single moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment